By Dylan Smith, Managing Editor • email@example.com
SCOTTSBORO, Ala. — The Mountain Lakes Chamber of Commerce, in coordination with healthcare and business leaders, has formed a COVID-19 Recovery Task Force.
A wide range of industry, government, and community interests are represented on the task force.
Tanner Harbin of Harbin Automotive was chosen to chair the task force. Harbin previously served on the Alabama Small Business Commission, which provided recommendations to public officials regarding COVID-related issues.
The following individuals are members of the Jackson County COVID-19 Recovery Task Force:
- John Anderson, Highlands Medical Center
- Shelia Shepard, Economic Development Authority
- Robin Shelton, Scottsboro Mayor
- Rickey Steele, Stevenson Mayor
- Tim Guffey, Jackson County Commission
- Jim Grigg, former Jackson Co. Coroner
- Chuck Phillips, Jackson County Sheriff
- Ron Latimer, Scottsboro Police Chief
- Dr. Jay Reyes, Scottsboro School Superintendent
- Kevin Dukes, Jackson Co. School Superintendent
- David Barclay, 50 Taters
- Steve Beaird, FNB Bank
- Terry Couch, Johns Manville
- Lara Pitts, Scottsboro Library
- Jackie Graham, Lions Club
- Dylan Smith, Chamber of Commerce Chairman
- Rick Roden, Chamber of Commerce President
Members are tasked with promoting public health awareness along with providing informational resources to the business community.
The task force will determine what steps to take as the county looks to move forward and recover economically from COVID-19.