By Jackson Blaze Staff
JACKSON COUNTY, Ala. — Tonight, January 30, candidates seeking public office in Jackson County will participate in a non-partisan town hall-style forum at Scottsboro High School Auditorium at 5 pm. Jackson Blaze Managing Editor Dylan Smith will moderate.
The forum will feature ten candidates who have qualified to run on the Republican ballot in Jackson County. The Democratic Party had no candidates qualify on their ballot.
Candidates running are as follows:
- Jeff Arnold — Revenue Commissioner (unopposed)
- Kevin Dukes — Superintendent of Education (unopposed)
- Chad Gorham — Board of Education, District 3 (unopposed)
- Melinda Gilbert — County Commission, District 3 (incumbent)
- A.J. Buckner — County Commission, District 3
- Mark Guffey — County Commission, District 3
- Mike Sisk — County Commission, District 4 (incumbent)
- Kevin McBride — County Commission, District 4
- Charles West — Board of Education, District 4 (incumbent)
- Robert King, Jr. — Board of Education, District 4
- Brent Benson — Circuit Judge, Place 2
- Daryl Eustace — Circuit Judge, Place 2
- Patricia Cobb Stewart — Circuit Judge, Place 2
Jackson Blaze will bring you footage of the forum tonight, sponsored by Jim Willingham of Cable Time. The co-sponsors of the forum itself are VFW Post 6073, American Legion 30, and the Mountain Lakes Chamber of Commerce.